Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Birthday!



It's my birthday! I love my birthday. I usually try to extend it by at least a few days, into Kirsten's birthday week or birthday weekend :-) I was a little concerned that this birthday might be a little anti-climactic since we're not with family or friends and I really couldn't think of anything special to do... but I was wrong! It was fun! This morning I opened my presents from Jason and my mom first thing, as is my preference :-) Then I got my haircut, and I love it! (see photo.. not a great photo, but I tried). Then I went to Michaels and used the gift card my mom gave me to get new Christmas decorations on super sale :-) Last, Jason and Madalyn met me at Applebees for lunch. It's been fun! And now I'm 29. I'm sure it will be a good year :-)

Yesterday we took Madalyn to see Santa! This was more for us than for Madalyn; as my friend LynnAnne mentioned: this year Christmas is about Mommy :-). She did great. She looked up at him while he talked to her. That's pretty much all there was for her to do. And we went ahead and paid $12 for the 5x7 because we stood in line and Jason figured we out to get a photo out of it. They won't let you use your own camera. If that upsets you, don't worry; one of the moms in my mops group is writing a letter to both the mall and the newspaper. I haven't had a chance to scan the mall photo, so please enjoy these pics of us in line :-)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was a good one!!!

Love, Christine

Kathryn said...

I do love the haircut!!! Glad you had a good day!