Monday, December 29, 2008

And now we're back!

We're back! It's so nice to be able to leave Dallas and be home in three hours instead of 6... I love it! I spent yesterday getting Bedroom B set up for company for New Years - Jason's parents are probably going to come down and entertain Maddie Kaye so I can paint over the gumball red and blue-green walls in the house. Also, they're giving me an excuse to make fancy hors'devours (I can't tell you how badly I wanted to write: orderves) Wednesday. On the menu: bacon wrapped dates from our New Years party 05, spinach artichoke dip, fondue reminiscent of a yummy dessert we had with Ryan and Keri Jane (and yes, the marshmallows will name brand, thank you very much!) to name a few :-). If they don't come Jason and I are going to be eating pretty lavishly in our pjs while painting I suppose.
Today Madalyn and I made the eternal walmart run, and she was an angel. Absolute angel. I sort of wanted to tantrum about how ridiculously long it was taking me to make decisions and get everything on my list. But she just hung out and looked cute even though she was tired. And when we got home, she absolutely delighted in a new Gerber cracker I gave her. Caught on camera :-)

No comments: