I also figured I share a quote I read today from Elizabeth George regarding (click for) 1 Peter 1:1-2:
"Grace is active and means God's 'favor'. So whatever your situation, whatever the occasion, [when you're in relationship with God] you have God's favor. You have whatever it is going to take for you to endure, cope, have the victory, and be triumphant in it."
This is the closest thing I have found that brings me close to agreeing with the common phrase
"God only gives us what we can handle". I have had
experiences and met a lot of people who have encountered experiences that they didn't believe they could handle. This ugly world does that. But we do have God's favor when we choose Him as our god, and at that point we are no longer in it alone. So with God's intervention and equipping, I'm willing to believe that I can handle all the things life throws at me that I can't handle.
So I hope that quote and even my confusing thoughts make sense and encourage someone. And if not, at least you get to see sweet pictures of my baby :-)
2 comments:
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!
So unbelievably precious! :) And, yes, I agree with Ms. George... His grace is sufficient for ALL my needs according to His riches in glory. love you Diggs!
Post a Comment