Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brownies

In an effort to provide Madalyn with a novel experience (and to provide myself with brownies) I decided we would have a mother daughter baking experience. Now I've been delaying Madalyn's introduction to chocolate partially because the caffeine isn't a great nutrient for a 15 month old, partially because I don't want to share everytime I need chocolate (that's right, need). However, I only had brownie mix and in my head Madalyn was going to gleefully help stir and then go on her merry way a more enriched toddler.
Why I am in denial about the fact that my daughter will put everything availabe in her mouth, I do not know.

So, Madalyn stuck her finger in the batter and enthusiastically looked at me and said "oooooo!'. This meant she liked it.
I'm not eager to feed my daughter raw egg, so I was able to distract her by letting her pull the levers on the mixer. She stayed with me as we poured the batter into the baking pan. But when I put that pan in the oven... she was not happy.



My sweet baby! She didn't understand why I would take something so yummy away :-)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

In the last picture I totally see you. I would be sad too if you took the yummy batter away too. Her chocolate innocence is lost.

The Northrups said...

So true!! :-)