Monday, July 20, 2009

'bay-bay' (translation: baby)


We got to see the baby!!! We got to spend the whole weekend with her, thanks to a c-section and Deliahna's need to stay away from stairs for a while - which meant we all stayed together on Grove Road (Jason's parents house). If only we can talk Mamayagi into staying the night now and then :-)
Precious Adelay! I expected her to seem really big, because she's an 8 pound infant - but she's still a newborn, and her tiny-ness took me by surprise! It was so much fun to hold her and think about watching her grow up and seeing her and Madalyn develop a friendship! I told her all about how she would stay the night with us and I would french braid her hair and make her fancy breadfasts :-) It was so good to spend time with Deliahna, too; vicariously reliving the excitement of a brand new baby girl (without reliving the pain and hormones associated with recovery... which, by the way, she was already handling much better than I did, I'm sure!).It was also fun to lounge around and rock at Zuma, an xbox game that Rick and Deliahna have introduced to the family. ;-)
Madalyn was a wonderful big cousin, by the way. Not once did she tell Adelay 'no!no!' but she told me 'no!no!' countless times :-) She would point at Addy and say 'bay-bay'. She studied her pretty carefully while we practicing identifying 'foot, toes, head, nose' etc. At the hospital, Madalyn never actually got to see Adelay because we showed up with her during feeding and discharge time, but she enjoyed walking up and down the hall! It is so fun to watch the family grow!

2 comments:

Gregory Attaway said...

Congratulations to new parents Rick and Deliahna! And to new aunt Kirsten, new uncle Jason, and new cousin Madalyn! Oh, and to new-girl-in-town Adelay!

Leslie said...

Adelay's dress is adorable. I like the BIG gerber daisy! Congrats to all the family and doctors on a healthy baby.
And Madalyn looks tall and looks like a toddler in the hallway picture.