Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun in the (valley of the) Sun

What a fun filled week!! We started off with a trip to the Phoenix Children's Museum - by far my favorite children's museum thus far!! There was a special 3 and under room, where Madalyn focused her 'reorganization' energies. In the photo you'll notice her in the midst of her work, taking cups from the kitchen area and placing them strategically in the garden. This activity consumed much of her time :-)











Madalyn was also introduced to 'Flora', her flamingo friend. Flora served as a helpful distraction when Madalyn was under foot. We would simply ask "where's Flora? Go get Flora" and off she would go to retrieve the friend that is much longer than she, and therefore dragged preciously:-)





And then - happy anniversary Mom and Dad! We celebrated 32 years of Bill and Nancy Jones at Applebees. Our dessert selection was oh so yummy, and Madalyn enjoyed it as well!









All that and a baby shower! Madalyn 'toddler'd' it up at the April's baby shower on Saturday, where she kept me on my feet chasing her all across the Worden home. Here's my mom and baby Maia with Christina. Madalyn was moving way to fast to catch any photos of her!!
Plus there was Abby's birthday party, my reunion with wonderful wonderful Ranalda Trent from college, a concert by future performers on SNL, a good time at the Cerato's house where Ian was finally convinced to lose the beard, and lots of productive shopping trips. Now doesn't that sound like fun even if not really experienced 'in the sun'? It actually took place primarily in air conditioned environments).
And I got so 'acclimated' while there, that I forgot to use my humidity protection hairspray when I got back. Good thing I just hung around the house :-)
BTW - shout out to the Hawthorne Group. Keep up the hard work ;-)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hey KID! I love Madalyn's bathing suit-it's super cute! Angela and Jerri Ann at Hawthorn Group like it too!
A big shout out to Temple, Texas! Yeah, I should wear my RadioFix shirt to work tomorrow.

The Northrups said...

KID - I should wear my radiofix tshirt ALL THE TIME. Seriously, that's a nice, soft tshirt. A shout out to the tshirt order-er at radiofix. HEY.