Sunday, June 7, 2009

5 Years!! and my husband definitely rocks


5 Years on the 5th!! This was a special anniversary, and so Jason and I were very excited to celebrate with a night in a nice hotel while our little girl soaked up lots of love and attention from her grandparents 30 minutes away :-) We stayed at The Fairmont in downtown Dallas. We checked out the art museum in the afternoon and then lounged on the terrace of the hotel. It was really, really nice to do nothing, and the weather was beautiful! Then we had dinner at the hotel restaurant, Pyramid. Jason and I laughed because it was the first time we had eaten somewhere so nice and not felt like we were dressed up in our parents' clothes and totally out of place! I'm going to say the churros and chocolate fondue sauce was the highlight there! Afterwards we checked out a Beatles cover band at Sambucas. I highly recommend both the place and the performers! (they were no radiofix, but you know). Then we slept in - until room service brought us our breakfast :-)
When we got back to Richardson, Madalyn greeted us warmly, but it was clear she hadn't been horribly traumatized by our absence (at all!!). We did gather more evidence that she's daddy's girl when I tried to take her from him and she got upset!
So, at the 5 year mark I can say with confidence that my husband rocks. This weekend we revisited memories from our dating days and firsts few years of marriage, and it was just so fun to realize how wonderful he was then and how still more wonderful he is now. Why did God bless me so generously with my marriage?? I may wonder for a moment, but more than anything I'm just grateful! I love the way he and I both were eager to give in to the other's preferences when we had different ideas. It was just so fun. I love my husband!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Estercav KID! (that was the word verification I had to type in to leave you a comment and it made me laugh for some reason)
Congratulations to you and Jason! And, how great is that whole outfit you were wearing for your fun night out! Fabulous shoes! You can never go wrong with gold lamee!
The Doodle is such an easy going baby! Yay fun times with Grandma and Grandpa.
And on that note...
ESTERCAV!

The Northrups said...

ESTERCAV trote!! Kid, we can make up a whole language all our own. HEY.