
I am so happy about the little crown I bought for Madalyn to wear with her tutu and her 'Gigi's Princess' shirt. The big photo sitting has already taken place - but tonight when I put her in her fairy princess jammies I realized the crown was the perfect accessory!

The next task on the agenda was laundry. So Madalyn, wearing her crown, enthusiastically went about the business of helping me with laundry! In fact, she took it to the next level this evening, putting clothes in drawers. But that's not what impressed upon me the most.

You see, since the first moment I put that crown on our little princess, I thought about how fitting it is. And I thought about how I sort of want one, too :-) Paul describes us as 'co-heirs' with Christ, and also as children of God , the almighty king. That means that Madalyn and I stand to inherit something big. And it means we are daughters of the king of the universe. And that makes us princesses with something really wonderful awaiting us.
I read recently that we can be described as royalty residing in a land where we are unrecognized - as though we were visiting a country different that the one we rule over. When people don't treat us that way it makes us no less royal. It doesn't change who we are - children of God, co-heirs with Christ, waiting for Him to return and to take back this world for His glory.
I love that. I love remembering that this world is not my home. And I love that my core identity is best suited by a beautiful, sparkling crown.
And I love that it is true of my daughter as well.
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 John 3:1
3 comments:
wow - Steven just taught on that verse this past Sunday morning...I love reading your thoughts..
Melissa
Reminds me of one of my favorite songs of all time. Here is the youtubelink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUYZKyDXIt8 The song doesn't start until about a minute into it.
Love this post...thanks.
Post a Comment