Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Sandbox!



I have been wanting to introduce Madalyn to her sandbox for 2 weeks now, and finally - today was the day! It's funny how our outdoor plans can get rained out here (it does seem to rain a lot!) or wind-ed-out. I tried to be 'bigger than the wind' so to speak, and take Madalyn for a walk on Friday. Bad call. I ended up having to walk backwards with her to spare her being blown away! Which was awkward and a little embarassing. So for the past several days I've been waiting it out indoors with Madalyn. Yesterday when we were going stir-crazy (we miss you, Leslie!) I resorted to water in tupperware on the kitchen floor in an effort to create a novel experience. It worked for about a half an hour. I was happy with that :-)


Back to the story! Today Madalyn got to try out her new sandbox. She certainly did taste some - but not much. She spent quite a bit of time carefully removing sand from the toys, one handful at a time. Eventually she moved on to her scooter, which she determined should be a push toy. Dallas didn't get out of the way with as much as skill as I expect he will soon acquire :-)

No comments: