Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catching up...



So many obstructions to blogging... Jason's need for the computer, my mom's visit, and facebook - which floods my inbox every ten minutes. If someone would like to tell me how to make that stop, I would really appreciate it.
Anyway, here's a photo from my mom's visit - Madalyn and her nana. We had a good time, shopping and eating my Nana's favorite cookies. Every once in a while I'm mention a new junk food I love (like raw marshmallows, or marshmallow stars right out of the freezer) and it turns out my grandmother loved it, too. Who knew the particulars of tastebuds could be inherited??

And then there's epileptic Elmo, as we've nicknamed him. We got a very generous hand me down from the Kings - Tickle Me Elmo. I made the mistake of introducing him to Madalyn right after her nap. Our 'tender-hearted toodle' got a little frown on her face, her eyes got big, and the slowest, saddest whimper developed into a full out cry. Eventually, from a further distance, Elmo became an accepted toy. Here she is with her 'thinking about it' face.
And warm weather is here! I've introduced sunblock into Madalyn's world after much (likely unnecessary) research, and we're going with 'pure nutrogena', and I will happily tell you that I failed to notice how much it cost us. Madalyn also has two new sunhats, thanks to Nana's visit. And off we go with a garbage bag of laundry to Leslie's house, where we gratefully took her up on her offer and borrowed her washing machine. I'm very sad about ours 'kicking the bucket' and a very unreasonable part of me wants Jason to take an unpredictable amount of his time and repair it. For sentimental reasons. Which are grounded in what I'm not quite sure. It's odd. And a new washing machine arrives Wednesday. I'm currently considering googling to see if you can do laundry in the dishwasher. But I imagine we'll take advantage of the Brown's genosity once more instead. (or also, who knows - a dishwasher is basically a sideways washer, right??)
Ta-ta!

2 comments:

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

She's so beautiful Diggs! :) And I fully support and idea of trying laundry in the dishwasher... If is works I might try washing my plastic dishes in the washing machine.. I don't have a dishwasher! :) Miss you soo much!

Leslie said...

uummmm.....I think you should just come over and hang out for a couple of hours! :)