Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh dear. She's walking...

And it really is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen, She's very careful, and she moves her little legs forward just the teeniest bit. Sometimes she makes a sound with her mouth open the whole way ('uhhhh, uhhhhh') and sometimes she just stares forward at us and smiles big. She claps with us when she's done :-) Also, the cutest thing ever. So she's been busy working on that :-)

Jason's been preparing for the class he teaches at UMHB this weekend, and I made muffins this morning for our sweet neighbors - Milton mowed our front lawn for us yesterday! I figure he worked up an appetite :-) It's been too windy to go to the playground or go for a walk, so Madalyn was inside all day. I bet she'll be glad for the change of scenery when she's in the nursery at church tomorrow.

Madalyn's monkey continues to be an important part of her world. I think this will only increase as we try to convince her that milk can be drunk from a sippy cup instead of a bottle. We're trying to drop the afternoon bottle. I say 'we' lightly... Jason misunderstood what afternoon means so we backslid today. It seems Madalyn was more attached to her bottle than I had anticipated... this process is going to be painful. I'm relying on monkey, and maybe (gasp!) the pacifier to get us through this rough time, so critical for dental health. I expect that we'll be having traveling and other changes in the summer, so now is really the best time to do it. Mommyhood - not for the faint of heart :-)




No comments: