Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby Bookworms!

Madalyn and Annie pause from their investigation of the toy bucket long enough to notice that there's a story being read :-) Today I realized I had my camera in my diaper bag during Baby Bookworms at the library. I figured that someday I'll be scrapbooking again and wish I had photos of these fun story hours. One of the most fun parts of Baby Bookworms is when we play with the parachute and all the little ones crawl around under it. Madalyn laughs!! However, it is very difficult to raise and lower a parachute and take photos at the same time. I'll share my efforst on a slideshow :-)

One last thought before naptime is over. I think one of the things that has held me back the most in life is the idea that prayer is only genuinely happening if I'm sitting with my eyes closed doing nothing but praying. When I began a running dialogue with the Lord (in an effort to pray without ceasing) my relationship with God grew to reflect what he intended and suddenly I had genuine freedom to pursue Him 'where He may be found' instead of within a legalistic framework generated by... guilt? I'm not even sure where it came from. But this is how I've been liberated from 'quiet time' guilt and so I want to share it. We really limit what we receive from God when we condemn ourselves for not having a daily 'quiet time'. And often, after we stop doing that, a quiet time in whatever form it takes becomes the easiest thing to prioritize in our day. At least in mine :-)

No comments: