Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring already?? And MHR Friday.

The weather in Temple continues to surprise me - I feel more like I'm in a Phoenix February than a Texas one... if Phoenix were next to a beach :-) It is humid and breezy here!
Today Madalyn and I put on our short sleeves and our hats (hat for her, sunscreen for me) and headed to a new park. The playground was a bit advanced for my 17 pound little bit, but there were some very old tree trunks that proved very entertaining! I feel real excited about introducing Madalyn to God's big, beautiful creation. As her mother, I feel like it's one of my responsibilities. And in the event that Jason reads this (I'm not sure he does) no, this does not mean I want to go camping :-)

After at least 100 photos, I came up with a series that I thought were pretty fun. Check back - I may even get a slideshow up here eventually :-)

And, as he does every Friday, my husband rocks. There was no prompt this week - just free-writing on why my husband rocks. So many reasons... which to choose...
You know, Jason is really generous when it comes to giving me time to do my favorite things: to be creative, to be social, to be busy! I think the way he encourages me to do things that refresh me and the things I'm enthusiastic about it is an example of how much he loves me and values who I am. It's a really special gift he gives me. He rocks :)

1 comment:

Crystalyn and Robin said...

Kirsten - thank you for the link to your blog... I am so happy to find it! Madalyn is such a cutie and she looks so much like your mom to me