Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's not a home without a dog

Dallas adds so much to our lives... and the lives of our extended family! This evening the whole Northrup crew went out to dinner and returned to discover that Dallas had helped himself to two pounds of beef stew meat. We were tipped off when we found the container on the floor and the stew meat... well, missing.
Right away we called Craig to see if Dallas would be okay (Craig used to work at a vet). It was a little bit of a confusing conversation starting off... Jason had called for me at first, then I took over. Anyway, Craig was explaining (and a bit impatient when doing so) that all meat needs to be cooked before you eat it because there's bacteria and we could expect some diahrrea and vomiting in the next few hours. Finally he said 'why's he eating uncooked meat?' to which I replied 'he's a dog'... to which Craig said: "oh! I thought we were talking about Jason!" to which I responded "why would I call you if Jason had eaten raw meat?" which may not be the first question to ask, but anyway... turns out we can expect some vomiting and diahrrea in our future either way.
Moments later as we began discussing the possibility that Dallas had shared his 'kill'? with Frodo (the miniture pincher mix living with Jason's parents) Jason watched Frodo pull a piece of raw beef out from under the entertainment center.
I guess there was plenty to go around :-)

No comments: