This week's prompt: the things that led me to know my husband was the man I was going to marry.Here's the thing: in college I heard a lot of 'you'll just know' when it comes to marriage. So consequently, I spent a lot of time wondering if the guys I was dating were the one - as though I had no choice in the matter. So it was a really cool moment when I was hanging out with Jason and I realized that this guy and the relationship I had with him was so good that I wanted to marry him - it didn't matter whether or not I had heard some special spiritual message about our destiny - this was someone and something worth fighting for and pursuing. I think I was being moody and he was being really patient with me and making me laugh. In fact, I believe we were taking a break from studying to slow dance to some jazz at his apartment. I was looking up at him and he just had this relaxed and warm presence - attentive but not taking me too seriously in my anxious state - and I just knew this was the man I wanted. Glad he felt the same way :-)
(photo from our rehearsal dinner, 04)
3 comments:
It was great getting to see your relationship grow~and attend your engagement party!!
what a great post! thanks for sharing with us! :)
I love Ya Kirsten Love Kendra
Post a Comment