Friday, January 2, 2009

"Congratulations to the flag"

This afternoon we got a wonderful surprise - Lisa, Zeke and Matt would be in town! And just in time for dinner. During dinner, Lisa congratulated Jason on finishing his PhD. Eight year old Zeke echoed this by saying "congratulations" and four year old Aden threw in his own: "congratulations... to the flag". After getting a few laughs, Aden then began a four year old boy's ideal comedy act, saying 'poop' etc while Lisa reprimanded him. This information is relevant for the next story.
When the boys were leaving, they expressed admiration of our neighbors impressive light show. Zeke said he'd like me to plug in our lights. I was more than happy to oblige for some reason, and joyfully plugged in our single strand of multicolored lights, half of which are burned out. The boys stared. I asked "what do you think?" Zeke looked at me blank faced, and then looked at the lights. I asked again and he replied "well, they're not good - well, kind of good.." I laughed and the boys headed to the car. I yelled good-bye, Zeke yelled good-bye, Aden yelled "good-bye!" followed by "poop"! And it was just such a funny interaction :-)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Don't ya just love little kids. They are so honest. :) hope your day is going well... mine is slllllooooowwwwwllllyyy getting better. :)

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part during the prayer where Aden thanked God for his pee-pee. :)