Wednesday, January 28, 2009

They might be a little big...

...but they're so cute! Madalyn's first pair of jeans. She didn't end up wearing them very long; they seemed to be inhibitting her play and maybe even a bit of a safety hazard...
Tomorrow Jason and I will be at the TAMFT (Texas Association of Marriage and Family Therapists) conference in Ft Worth and Madalyn will be having a fun-filled few days being adored by her grandmother and great-grandmother. We'll probably stay through Sunday so that Jason can watch the Super Bowl with his dad. I guess I might spend sometime in the living room to catch the commercials :-) And I'm sure there will be some yummy treats!
Next Sunday we plan to return to Canyon Creek Baptist - yay! I really liked it there. I hope our second Sunday is just as good and we maybe finally have a church home.
Also, I'm going to send a shout out to my favorite local - Leslie Brown, who is probably reading this :-). I'm so glad (and I know all of my readers are glad too) to have found a fun friend to come home to in Temple. Plus, her oldest daughter has a super cool name (Jones!).
And, in case you want to do some more praising God on my behalf, I'm super excited about my mom and dad both coming to visit in the next two months. Hooray! And I only had to cry once (story: my dad was talking about using some vacation time to take Craig snowboarding and I thought he wasn't going to have any time left to come see me; I was wrong, he was planning to come see me too. Also - how cool is my dad for being a snowboarder??).
Have a great weekend! Love, Kirsten

2 comments:

Drew and Bitar said...

I really enjoy reading your blog...every time, I imagine you saying every word and it's like you are right here.

Kathryn said...

I am so with Faith! It's almost like you are talking to me! The jeans were precious and have fun at the conference..isn't someone famous in the field speaking?