Friday, January 16, 2009

My Husband Rocks! Fridays

This week's 'my husband rocks' assignment is to identify something my husband did this week that reminded me how great he is. So here it is. See that lamp behind Jason in the photo? Well one morning this week the bulb burned out. I was feeding Madalyn at about 6:30am and Jason walked by getting ready to 'walk' Dallas (more on that another time). It was dark, and I asked him if he could turn on the other lamp for me because this lamp went out. You know what he did? He turned on the other lamp. But then he went in the closet, got another light bulb, and replaced the bulb for me. Right that minute. I didn't ask him to - it was 6am after all - but he did that for us. And I hope I said thank you, but as small as that sounds, him doing that just really, really made me feel loved. And it reminded me of how great he is and how much I love him.
Seriously husbands - sometimes it's that easy ;-)
So Madalyn has a doctors appointment for this afternoon to check out that ear. I'm starting to get a little concerned about the number of ear infections we've had - this will be number 4. I really pray that there will be no more.
Here's my little laundry assistant. After I set the full basket down in her room, I ran off to find out why the refrigerator was making dripping sounds (a phone call to mom informed me that refrigerators just do that). When I returned, Madalyn had been busy!!






2 comments:

Reborn said...

LOL-- "Seriously husbands - sometimes it's that easy" So TRUE! It's so hard to define to the technical, task-oriented male exactly what makes us feel women feel loved. I'm thinking of compiling all these "my husband rocks" blog posts from today, to distribute to all men and say-- see this! Do these things more! (and skip the boxes of chocolate... at least for me!)

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

Diggs, Reading your blog reminds me of how much I just adore you and how much I miss you! I'm so glad that you haven't changed! :) I can't wait until we can organize time together!!! Love you!
Rani