Friday, January 23, 2009

My Husband Rocks Fridays

This week's prompt is to tell about a time when my spouse went out of his way to love me sacrificially. Let me take you back to 2006. I'm a new wife (and not a perfect one) and my husband tells me he wants to go to the movies. But he doesn't just want to go to the movies - he wants to see 'Tristan and Isolde'. I'm not the film buff he is so I don't even know this film is out let alone what it is about. He gives me some background and I agree to go. I loved loved loved the movie.

Sounds simple, right? Here's the thing: Tristan and Isolde is definitely a chick-flick - it's about the legendary British love story that King Arthur-Lancelot-Gwyneviere is supposedly based on. And it didn't get good ratings. My husband, the film buff, would never choose to see this movie for his own entertainment.

He definitely suggested it and took me just because he knew I would love it, and he loves me. He never even pointed it out. I had to play super-sleuth and figure it out later.

Anyway, I've been thinking about that lately for some reason. Probably because I need to see that movie again and I'm wondering if I can talk him into sitting through it with me ;-) Anyway - I think that story makes it pretty clear that my husband rocks!
Also... if you have a husband and a blog but you're not participating... you should!! Just click on the My Husband Rocks icon!

No comments: