Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tularularula

Super cool thing happened today. You see, I prayed a while ago that God would help me know my Nana (my maternal grandmother) better - which is a bit of a tall order since she passed away when I was 14. I wasn't sure how this prayer would be answered... I kind of hoped he would give me a dream where I would get to see her doing things in the 50s or something. Anyway, today I was singing an Irish lullaby, 'tularalarula', to Madalyn. My mom listened and asked how I knew the words. I told her that I had learned them from Madalyn's lullaby cd and I thought it was pretty. My mom said 'Nana used to sing that to you'. Isn't that neat? I'm so excited to know that this pretty Irish lullaby really does come down my family tree. And I like to think abut my nana singing this song to her grandbabies and probably my mom, too. There are a couple of neat things like that - things I do just like my grandmother that I didn't know she used to do. I think it's a sweet blessing to have that heritage whispered to me from God's compassionate and personal spirit. And so I've shared :-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That's a fantastic story! Gave me chill bumps.