Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend in Abilene (and Monday)

Some of my favorite weekends have been in Abilene, strangely enough! Jason taught the second and last segment of his graduate course there this weekend, so we had the opportunity to spend some time with the Merchants, and also with LynnAnne and her boyfriend, Doug. This photo was taken at the Grace Museum in the Apron Exhibit. There were aprons for visitors to try on in order to really partake in the spirit of the apron. I thought it was a great idea for us all to wear aprons and have our picture taken :-)


I'll add a slide show of more fun photos of our visit!

Today I decided that I can safely say that Madalyn does not care for sweet peas. Note the way her mouth is firmly kept shut as I approach with a spoonful of sweet peas. Other evidence of her aversion: the way she makes a sort of gags after a spoonful makes it into her mouth.

Right now Madalyn, Dallas and I are playing a game where Madalyn crawls after Dallas, who is under the desk, and when she reaches him and he starts to look like he wants to escape, I pick her up and take her back to the other side of the room. She is delighted by this and enthusiastically repeats the journey. I think Madalyn likes the game best, then I guess I fall in the middle by default because I'm pretty sure Dallas would rather play fasted dog. Or 'dog who sleeps undisturbed under the desk'. He likes both of those games pretty well.

Have a wonderful Monday, friends! I cannot call or text at the moment because I cannot find my phone charger and I have one bar left. I need to reserve it for breaking and entrys, etc, that may occur while I am home alone in our new house. I am becoming a little skeptical that I will ever find it, by the way. Although I do lose on average two items a day that are right in front of my face. Still.
Bye!
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" Ephesians 2:10
PS: We attended the Vista Community Church this weekend, which we liked, but which also made us homesick for Raintree - particularly since they're doing a series on Philippians, which we were doing at Raintree this time last year. Here's the link if you'd to check it out on our behalf :-) http://www.thevistacommunity.com/bell/


1 comment:

Gregory Attaway said...

So I guess the odds of anyone ever calling Madalyn "Sweet Pea" are pretty slim...(scratches off "Sweet Pea" from list of potential Madalyn nicknames)