Monday, November 24, 2008

Hooray for Hand-me Downs!

Today while doing some research for Santa online, I came across a toy we got from Natalie :-) Guess what? It does three more things than I thought it did! In fact, it does the very thing Santa was looking for :-) So here's Madalyn enjoying two of five features that this spiffy little tikes toy is capable of :-) Check out these strong little legs!
I also want to share with you some photos of Madalyn practicing her new standing skills with Dallas's assistance. The last photo features Madalyn looking confused when Dallas leaves.





This weekend we checked out Temple Bible Church. This church had an amazing welcome ministry! As soon as we parked in a newcomer parking spot, greeter Gary introduced himself, gave us a broschure with all the ministries listed and led us to the sanctuary where an usher found some open seats for us. I tell you what - those newcomer parking spaces - very strategic! I really liked the sermon, too. The pastor preached on the passage where the woman washes Jesus's feet with perfume and dries them with her hair. He contrasted her behavior to that of Simon, the host, who hadn't even greeted Jesus when he entered. It really painted a picture of how passionate we have reason to be for Christ. I liked it. But, so far Jason and I are thinking we'll go back to the Vista next week. If you want to check out the sermon we heard at Temple Bible Church this weekend, here's the link: http://www.templebiblechurch.org/index_test.asp

After church, we had our first house guests! Jason's parents stopped for lunch on their way back to Dallas after a relaxing weekend in Fredricksburg at a Bed and Breakfast (don't ask them about the breakfast though - sounds like it was really just a 'Bed').

And now we're working on getting packed and ready for our big trip to Phoenix for Thanksgiving! Hooray!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love Dallas and Madalyn pictures and I LOVED Madalyn's face when Dallas left..to cute! I miss guys and can't wait until December 12!!!