Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Internationally Renown Dr. No


So last month I was contacted by a reporter from the Times of London about my research on the spouses of online gaming addicts. He was writing a feature piece that would be released to coincide with the new World of Warcraft expansion released this weekend. He found out about my research by going to gamer widow sites and seeing my past solicitations for participants. We corresponded through email and some of what I said was posted in his article here.

Also, last week a reporter from the Daily Toreador, the Texas Tech newspaper, contacted me about my research for a similar feature. Her article is here.

I thought it was pretty neat. Now people will actually have something pretty cool come up if they Google my name. I'm going to see if there's any way I can get print copies of these articles so Kirsten can scrapbook them or something (printing them off from online just doesn't feel the same).

My dissertation will be available online at some point on the TTU website, probably the end of the semester. I've already submitted it and I did not have to make any formatting changes, so I guess they wait until you graduate to post it online.

No comments: