Wednesday, November 12, 2008


In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced.
~Robert Sexton~


I caught this quote online randomly today and I really like it. Just last night I was thinking about how difficult it is to be a good wife even when I have a wonderful husband. Being selfless and sacrificial does not come naturally. I was flipping through some cards and marriage advice I received at a special bridal shower that my mom-in-law threw for us when we were engaged last night. You know, it is absolutely as they say - marriage isn't always easy; but the truth is that sometimes, it is beautifully and divinely easy... and those memories and moments always make me think of this definition of love: "friendship set to music".

No comments: