
I love Easter, and there are lots of reasons. I love Easter candy, naturally. I love fancy dresses! I love the 'Easter Tea' I plan and prepare for every year with fancy and yummy foods and pretty dishes and desserts. But what I love most of all is Sunday morning church and what we're celebrating - the single-minded focus on the salvation that is now ours!

It's all about grace on Easter morning - it's all about the fact that we're saved. I love the scripture readings. My favorite is the part where Mary Magdalene is just weeping and the hope that she fears is gone and what she perceives to be insult added to injury - the disappearance of Christ's body. But then - He's there. He's there, standing next to her. I just imagine and experience the joy!! The joy of the hope and blessed assurance she must have had in that moment looking into the very eyes of God!!

And I love that scripture reading, and I just feel my heart glow every Easter morning as it is read. I want to turn to everyone around me and exclaim - do you hear? Can you imagine? And it's true!! It's true!! I always sing with such joy on Easter morning.

So, I love giving Dallas his Easter treat, and I love getting dressed up and making yummy things for my friends/family to eat, and I love the sweet and special memories in my life that happened at Easter (Jason asking me to marry him, Madalyn being just 10 days old). But what I love the most is the predictably victorious celebration sermon and worship at church on Easter morning. I try very hard to carry it with me all year long :-)

"At Christmas we celebrate the promise - on Easter we celebrate the promise fulfilled."
1 comment:
I missed having a Diggie Easter tea this year! :)
love you!
Post a Comment