Friday, April 10, 2009

Look who's toddlin'!!

I feel like Madalyn turned into a toddler all at once this week. Sure, she's 'toddling' around a little bit, but what's really struck me is how into everything she is!! I know I'm not the first mother to point this out, but it really affects how your day is spent when your little one reaches this stage. I resorted to allowing her to go through all of our movies in order to get the living room dusted. Ironic that as she emptied out the entire cabinet I felt that the room was finally 'clean'...

So naturally, I take every opportunity to get her somewhere not my house where she can explore and climb to her heart's desire (this is the only way to keep the house from getting messier). This would be the perfect plan if only Madalyn didn't hate riding in the car so much. Luckily, she likes the 'chicken dance' song and so thanks to fisher-price silly songs cd, she can sometimes be quieted. (FYI - this is not my preferred listening music but it's never going to be about me again, is it? ;-) ).

This morning we went to the open gym for toddlers and Madalyn had a wonderful time the whole time!! She used to fizzle out after about 30-40 minutes, but she didn't today! She has always been fascinated by this big yellow ball, and now that she's a-toddlin' she could really play with it. She also enjoyed the slide tremendously, and she bounced on the trampoline!


She really is such a delight. It blows my mind to think God actually gets as big a kick out of me as I do out of her. That's some serious love.


PS - if you read this, please leave a comment so I remember I'm not riding into oblivion :-)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh no! I thought you weren't going to gym because of the haircut time!! Ugh Can't wait to see the haircut and that toddlin'. See ya soon?!

Drew and Bitar said...

You definitely have busy days!! Fun to read about them.

Jamie said...

After reading this post I realize I need to enjoy this time where Luke can't go anywhere on his own. :) But I am looking forward to him saying "mommy".

Even though I don't have a toddler yet..can you come over and dust my living room? J/K :)