
It was a big day for Madalyn - her first trip to the movie theater! There was a special showing of Curious George and admission included a kids pack with popcorn, m&ms, and a drink. So we made a special day of it with the Brown girls.
I could tell as I held Madalyn up so she could see the goodies coming to her at the concession stand, that it was a sacred moment. Madalyn does like her snacks.
I could tell as I held Madalyn up so she could see the goodies coming to her at the concession stand, that it was a sacred moment. Madalyn does like her snacks.
She and Annie had an interesting conversation as the tasted their treats before the movie started. When Annie finished her m&ms she said to Madalyn:
"Ma-yin, share".
Madalyn ate faster. Annie repeated herself with unsatisfactory results.
Madalyn ate faster. Annie repeated herself with unsatisfactory results.
"Mommy, Ma-yin not sharing. Ma-yin not sharing". At this point, Madalyn has finished her m&ms. Leslie explains to Annie that Madalyn's m&ms are all gone. Annie's reply?
"lemme see!" :-)
Madalyn pretty much stayed in her seat and stayed pretty quiet for the whole movie. The trip was a success! But it was certainly evident later that day that she hadn't burned any energy. I think movie trips will be a rare treat for a while :-) 

No comments:
Post a Comment