Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Potty Day 2



(pictures pending - I promise)

Lots of stickers on the potty chart today! I think the clincher was when Annie came over and got an m&m after tee-tee-ing in the potty, but Madalyn didn't tee-tee in the potty so she didn't get one. She started trying much harder then. Also, m&ms are apparently a much more powerful motivator than I realized. Hershey kisses are old news, perhaps :-)It's a pretty emotional process, still. I think she and I are both emotionally exhausted by it. She wants to use the potty but she's nervous about it, I want her to use the potty and try to keep her on the potty... I can't accomplish anything else... I have to disinfect my house constantly.

Overall, a very successful day. But I can't believe it's only day 2. Sigh.

:-)

1 comment:

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

I soooooo remember those days. And I laughed when I read that you went out to buy more undies. After training one, I bought LOTS of underwear for the others.