Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Milk, No Flour

Oh, sheesh.
For a while now I've had this 'bready' feeling in my throat and a stomach ache I can't shake. I've spent time in the pharmacy section staring at medications and recognizing that my inability to identify my exact problem was preventing me from selecting a suitable medication. So I finally scheduled a doctors appointment.
The doctor reported that it sounded like acid reflux, and asked me to take zantac and remove dairy and gluten from my diet, and then slowly add them each back in one at a time to see if it was a dairy or a gluten allergy.
Since a dairy allergy runs in the family, I decided to selectively cooperate and remove only dairy.
Oh, Kirsten.
Now disappointment is setting in, as my stomach and throat ailment seems not to have diminishsed much, and the long, long list of forbidden products when on a gluten free diet taunts me.
I'll keep you updated.
(pictured: Madalyn drinking milk)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh no, I hope it is not gluten. Praying that it is not gluten. :)