Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 4

A glance at Day 4:

2 accidents by 8:15am
a doctors visit
2 baths
panties under a pullup

Oh let's see, short version: the doctor said she was doing a distressed dance before getting on the potty because she's constipated (bowel movement wise) and prescribed apple juice. He also said it's possible her sphincter is not developed enough for her to voluntarily release urine. So Jason and I decide to give her a choice between panties and pullups for a while.

Approximately 1 hour post apple juice she has a bowel movement.
1 hour later she has another one.
She requests pull-ups but continues to park herself enthusiastically on the potty.
She successfully peepees in the potty.

It's time to go to meet-the-teacher for Mother's Day Out. Madalyn insists on wearing big girl panties. I briefly consider a panic attack. Then Madalyn decides to wear pullups over the panties. Alright then.

Half way through the parent meeting Madalyn's teacher brings her to me because Madalyn reports that she is wet. I am momentarily concerned that I've been found out as the crazy mom who put panties and a pull up on my daughter. But it turns out they've left the whole business for me. Since I had only brought a diaper with me when I followed them back to the room, I shamelessly throw away both a pull up and a soaked pair of panties (they were the panties I didn't like, anyway).

And that, my friends, was Day 4.

3 comments:

Gregory Attaway said...

It's happening, though!

I wonder if all my parents' friends knew this kind of information about me. It's embarrassing to think about that!

Anonymous said...

No I think it's a great idea...The panties under the pullups...it allows them to KNOW they have on panties (a great reminder!) That's how I'm got Natalie to not go at night time. Plus LESS MESS!!! I think you are doing a wonderful job!
Melissa F

Christina said...

KID! This is the first time I've read the word "sphincter" in a blog.
HOORAY!