Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Three

I do actually remember a little bit of what it was like to be three. From the memories I have, I guess I could say I remember being stubborn and holding my ground, and being confused now and then by what my parents would say or how they would react.
So now that I have a three year old, I'm trying to remember how limited her understanding is and how surprised she might be by the things I say or decisions I make. It's hard - her language development is great, her self-will is impressive - seems like she should be able to keep up with my directives and expectations.
But she's just little.
And she's still adjusting to a baby brother and to sharing the people around her. I almost want to wake her up so I can be more patient with her than I was today and give her some of the full-mama-attention she's probably been wanting.

Almost ;-)


Dear Lord, love my daughter through me. Equip me to lavish her with the compassion and love you've lavished on me.


Amen.

1 comment:

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

I know that feeling... When everything quiets down and I begin to look over the day I wish I could get one (or more) of my kids and make up for something that did, or didn't, happen during the day... Been there. Thanks for sharing.