Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pink with Polka Dots!


Ah... finally. The vision I came up with in November 2007 when I found out I was having a girl has come to fruition!!

In the old house we decided to keep things a little mellow since we'd be moving, so we went with a bonnie cream (yellow) and nothing too fancy. Then we moved, and - well, I hate painting. Or so I thought...
Inspired by my friend, Amy-Rose's, claims that she enjoyed painting her children's rooms, and guilted by two friends who have lived in their homes less time than I've lived in mine and have fully painted nurseries, I bit the bullet.

I bought the paint (thanks for selection assistance, Kara), I taped, I got help from Jason with removing outlets and getting the ladder. And then I painted.
And THEN I stenciled!
I am rather impressed with myself. And it was even a little fun.
Watch out guests - a freshwater fish paradise hall bathroom is about to be born. I'm painting that bathroom 'cool water' as pledged. :-)

5 comments:

Mom said...

wow...looks great. Just adding color makes a big impact.

The Northrups said...

And look out now - I've picking colors for the whole house!!

Christina said...

So cute-such a happy room for a happy little girl. I like Madalyn's book pile! Sometimes the need to read is so intense, you just gotta make a pile!

Leslie said...

Job well done, my friend! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

This is evidence that we have not been talking often enough. I can't believe the room has been painted and put back together and I was completely unaware of the whole process. On another note, did I tell you that I'm almost finished planning a wedding?
LA