Oh, it was a party! Jason's parents pulled out all the stops when getting ready to celebrate Jason's 19th and unveil the remodeled backyard :-) The excellent live music was a big party of the fiesta - although they played a suspicious amount of 70s dance music... I wonder who could've been requesting those tunes?? ;-)
Noah and Adelay were introduced. Adelay, one week younger than Noah and about 3 pounds heavier was quite happy to suck on Noah's arm. Madalyn was a little upset about being left out of the fun in the crib (which I'm sure she considers hers) and about not getting to have a pacifier like Noah. You see, in our house, pacifiers are for sleeping. So she wanted to be in the crib where she could have her paci. I obliged :-)
My only contribution to this shin-dig was the cake. Every year for Jason's birthday I make some new kind of cake of his selection. (some years they turn out better than others). This year he chose 'Luscious Tropical Dream Cake' and Natalie helped! As I pulled out the kitchen stool and told her we had a special chair for her to sit in as my helper she said 'oh it's beautiful! I love it, keek!' How precious is that?!
I know what you're thinking - not as precious as this daddy dancing with his daughter. Natalie grabbed Nate's hand when the rhythm got to her and my understanding is that his latin blood doesn't usually move him to the dance floor. Amazing what those big green eyes on his little girl will do ;-)
And the birthday boy himself with a happy birthday grin :-) We stayed up way past clean up and into Sunday morning chatting with his good friend Perry and his wife, Amy. It was a real blessing to get to see them and get to know Amy better. We haven't seen them since their wedding in 2007 - and before that not since our wedding in 2004! Some friendships just pick up right where they left off. Perry and Jason's is one of those.
And that, in a nutshell, is August 22, 3009. Jason's 29th birthday :-)
1 comment:
How fun! Love the fun backyard party! And Madalyn's cute little white dress :)
Post a Comment