I told Jason that I wanted to take him out for a special birthday lunch, just the 2 of us. He didn't catch on. However, he also took his sweet time selecting a place. This was a little frustrating since the Kings were going to be enroute from Lubbock and it would have been nice to mapquest from home the place we were meeting for lunch.
Eventually, he poured over the Dallas magazine and chose a burger place in deep ellum - Angry Dog (had he realized Natalie and Noah would be there he would have chosen a more child friendly and less bar-esque place, but that was not the case). I then told him I didn't really want to leave for lunch until noon. He really could've caught on at this point, because i'm always hungry early, but he didn't.
As we drove to the restaurant, Amy-Rose texted me a teaser 'we'll be there in about an hour'. Very funny ;-) But it all worked out wonderfully! As we walked up to 'Angry Dog' I knew that all 4 Kings were waiting with a table inside.
And Jason had no idea :-) We made our way through the crowded restaurant and Amy-Rose and Nathan cleverly sent Natalie to greet Jason. As this precious little girl ran up to Jason I pointed her out to him. He glanced down and smiled and then kept looking for seating. I directed his attention down again. He said 'I know, cute'. I said 'Jason, who is that?' he said 'what? I don't know" still searching for seating. Then it clicked.
A wonderful reunion ensued! Jason and Nate were talking about who knows what immediately, Amy-Rose handed me her precious baby Noah after I had a good snuggle greeting with Natalie, and we had an awesome weekend together!!
Seriously, good friends who become your extended family are one of God's greatest blessings and something I consider such a treasure. I am so grateful that Amy-Rose and Nathan made a 6 hour drive with a spirited 3 year old and a teeny tiny newborn to bless Jason on his birthday! And to bless me as well :-) And not only that - but Amy-Rose loved on us with her photography gift!!! Check out our cute little toddlin' girl in many more mega-pixels than usual at www.amyrosephotography.blogspot.com
How we love you, Kings!!
4 comments:
Happy birthday, Jason! Yall look so happy. Many blessings. Janet
Diggs, the link didn't work, but this is one did:
http://amyroseking.blogspot.com/ :) Love you.
PS I think the pictures are so beautiful because you and Maddie are so beautiful! :)
You are too sweet and kind, Rani :-)
I so wish we could have been there...although it was nice to get presents ourselves on that very evening. :-)
Post a Comment