Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dr. No

So it's official, I am now a Ph.d.! My defense was today and it went really well. I got a lot of positive feedback. Tomorrow I will make the revisions that my committee suggested and then turn in the final product to the graduate school, but all of the committee members signed off on it so it's official. When my committee chair came outside to bring me back in after they deliberated for a couple of minutes, he called me "Dr. Northrup" and Kirsten started crying. Honestly, today I haven't been that emotional about it. I feel like I got all of that out of my system when I turned in my complete manuscript to my committee.

Thanks to Kirsten, Madalyn, mom and dad, my committee, and everyone else who helped make this possible. But most of all I thank God, because without Him I would be nothing.

No comments: