Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snowcalypse comes to Temple

I didn't believe we'd have snow despite the weather prediction. But here it is!
Our playdate turned into a snow day, complete with snow ice cream! Collin mentioned having eaten it with her grandmother as a child, so google hooked us up with a recipe. Here it is if you're interested!
1 gallon of snow, 2 cups of milk, 1 tbsp of vanilla, and 1 cup of sugar.
In Madalyn's words: 'Is yummy!' The promise of snow ice cream is how I got her to come inside.She didn't know what to do with the snow really, so when 3 year old Thomas started taking big bites out of snowballs she followed suit with the expected 'Is yummy' review :-)The best part of all - Jason is home! He got logs for the fireplace and tortillas for green chili chicken casserole. Can't wait to spend the afternoon together :-) Happy Snow Day!

1 comment:

Christina said...

KID! In these pictures, Dallas looks exactly how I feel about more snow coming to DC tomorrow. But, KID, it looks like you guys had a great time!