Here's what else I know: I feel moody/depressed when I'm pregnant, I feel moody/depressed before my period, and I feel moody/depressed while I'm nursing.
So while I'm grateful that my body produces enough progesterone to bless me with my babies and nutrition for them after they arrive, NOT A CRAZY FAN OF PROGESTERONE.
I seriously feel so much better now that nursing has stopped (and progresterone levels have decreased I assume) that I've actually wondered if I was experiencing mania.
I no longer wonder if I'm caffeine dependent, because I can now feel happy even without a coffee fix (not that I'm skipping my coffee, because that would just be silly - quiet, gerd!).
I think about the future with mild excitement, and look forward to various experiences in my future, which previously did nothing for me.
I'm all about the power of positive thinking, the importance of conforming our thoughts to God's thoughts and engaging in behaviors that reinforce our values; but sometimes it's just all about the hormones.
Good-bye postpartum-diagnosis-code-whatever and praise the God who answers us when we call! I have so many projects to do with my newly discovered energy!!
(Madalyn playing with sidewalk paint; see recipe by following me on pinterest!)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are feeling better.
Aunt LA
Post a Comment