Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Love your neighbor as yourself

I've always believed that you end up loving your neighbor as well as you love yourself; and if you don't esteem yourself the way God does, it's a pretty bad deal for your neighbor.


Today I realized that I talk to Madalyn the way I talk to myself.


I second guess almost every decision I make. I revisit and question and come up with more options. I agonize. It's absurd.


So what do I do after Madalyn tells me what she wants for lunch?


I give her more options. I ask her if she's sure. I show her pictures of the foods she selected and others she hadn't.

Essentially, I'm teaching her to doubt herself.

I'm going to stop that, by God's grace.

And I'm going to stop doing it myself, too (because nothing is impossible with God)!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

You are such an awesome mom Kirsten!