Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hydration

I have been appreciating the heat lately in a way that I feel confident no one else here has; it's dry and I like that. Sure, it's a 102, but that's May where I come from so long as you don't feel hosed down before you reach your car.

Anyway, when it's this hot it's easy to remember to drink your 8 glasses a day of water. And when I drink all my water, I get 2 pts on the website www.dailyfeats.com. Truth be told, I think my participation on this website is a little silly and I give myself about 3 more days, but if I stick with it long enough I can earn a $10 giftcard for Starbucks. It's a way to keep yourself accountable for positive changes in your life, get encouragement from perfect strangers (unless your awesome brother signs up to be on your team) and possibly eventually earn free money. So I'm doing it. Feel free to join and be on my team. So far I think it's only sucked 10 minutes of each day out of me.So here's a picture of Liam taking a bath. Isn't he so rolly? I love how curved he is :-)

And here's Madalyn pouring. I saw this 'busy-activity' on a blog (www.moneysavingmom.com) and thought it might be a good way to get in some scrapbooking uninterrupted. Turns out it was an even better way to get Madalyn hydrated - she spent the whole time drinking water out of the ladle.

I'll keep it in mind for the next time she's sick and I want her to drink more.

No comments: