Monday, November 9, 2009

Where is my camera?

I have put off blogging because my camera has been MIA when I have had time, but time to let people know what's new with the Northrups - not what's 2 weeks old with the Northrups, as has been the case. I'll do it by subject.

1) Peanut Butter.
Madalyn is allergic to peanuts, officially. Last Tuesday we made a trip to Round Rock for the allergist appointment. We went to Ikea first, where I got my new toy, a clothes drying rack. I'm very excited about this (I know, only me) and am happily drying clothes on it right now rather than running the dryer. I'm not even exactlu sure why I've generated so much enthusiasm over this. Lower electricity bill, I guess. We'll see :-)
Oh right -peanuts. They poked Madalyn in the back to check for a peanut allergy and a milk allergy. No milk allergy, but definitely a peanut allergy. So we're all educated on the epi pen and reading labels. I blame my uncle for this - and also Deliahna a little. She's allergic to everything. But we'll retest Madalyn when she's 3. I just can't imagine that she'll stay allergic when neither of her parents is. We'll see if my logic holds up in 2011.

2) Ft. Hood
Yes, we live close to FT Hood and Jason does work on post occassionally. We are blessed that neither of us has lost anyone to the tragedy. Jason offered up his Saturday to do on call crisis counseling, but no one took advantage. Many of the victims' families are not from around here, so that's probably partially why. One of our friends who is doing a residency in anesthesiology treated one of the victims. That's as close as we've come to touching the tragedy.

3) Open Home
For the past two days we've enjoyed opening our home to small group and playgroup! Last night we prayed for the Ft Hood victims with our church family and this morning we read about baby Moses with our playgroup. We also fed the horses and the donkey with our playgroup. The donkey has really started to recognize what good neighbors we are and makes an appearance at least twice a day at the fence. Turns out he will also eat cucumber peels. So do the horses. Who knew?

4) Pictures Pending.
Seriously, I have taken photos recently - I just haven't loaded them. I'll work on it :-)

Kirsten!

1 comment:

Christina said...

KID, you get those pictures loaded! We gotta see some Madalyn (even though she's so cute in her cow costume :)