Friday, November 13, 2009

Week with the Brown Girls

This week has been one of those weeks when we've seen Leslie and her girls every day. I like those weeks :-) I like having friends that are basically family, and I love watching Madalyn enjoy being part of the little girl clan. Last night Leslie and I were making enchiladas for ourselves and some families in our meet up group while the girls enjoyed the weather outside. I watched from the window as Jones boosted Madalyn and Annie clumsily up on the the seesaw, Madalyn and Annie clinging trustingly to her little girl arms until successfully transferred. Then up they were! All four of them, swinging for quite a while.
Some of my best childhood memories are of playing outside on warm evenings with neighborhood kids while our mamas visited. It blesses me so much to see Madalyn do that, even if she's too little to remember. I'm really grateful for Leslie and Justin, Jones, Georgia and Annie who love my little girl and love Jason and I enough to hang out with us so much.
So, hooray for adopted family and for watching little girls grow up together for as long as the Lord keeps us all together :-)

No comments: