Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary Sesame Street

Yesterday was a special day - it was the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street. Leslie and I packed up the girls and took them to Killeen for taco Tuesdays at Rosa's, and then to the planetarium for a free showing of a Sesame Street special. They even got a souvenier elmo on the way out! Madalyn enjoyed her Rosa's tortilla while walking all around the table, since I didn't grab a high chair for her. So the meal stayed interesting. At one point I mentioned to Leslie how much our idea of fun has changed since before children ;-) All the girls watched carefully the 30 minute planetarium show hosted by Big Bird, Elmo, and chinese muppet Zhu Zhu Choo (?). Annie thought it was bedtime as soon as the lights went out, but stayed awake :-) Georgia danced, Jones sang, and Madalyn pointed with enthusiasm at her Sesame Street friends.

My favorite part was at the end, when all the girls went up to get their little elmo toy. Madalyn is so little, and she so eagerly stretched her hands up for her stuffed friend!! My heart melts a little just remembering the precious picture!! She held on to him tightly as we headed to the car.

I don't know what it is about that moment and that image; just her precious little heart feeling so happy and learning how to be in this world. I just know for certain that I would have been hardpressed not to drop-kick anyone who tried to keep her from that little elmo (not that there was any threat of that at all). It's just such a blessing to see someone you love be blessed, I guess. I feel very protective of her joy - especially when she looks so little and vulnerable. I suppose that's just part of motherhood :-)

Lalalala!

No comments: