Friday, October 16, 2009

My Husband Rocks Fridays!

I actually remembered it's Friday!!
Balance. Marriage gives God the opportunity to show you all kinds of insight into your character and how balanced you are by the one he joins you with :-) I think I'm the enthusiasm and Jason's the serenity. Jason's the imperturbable and I'm the passion (that's putting it in a positive light, isn't it?). And somedays it's the opposite. But I notice balance in our marriage in another unique area as well - in our spirituality. In our first year of marriage as I cried on him in the kitchen over job search stress I remember saying: 'and I haven't even been praying about this'. In his serene imperturbability (?) he responded "but I have". And now, 5 years later as this life has dealt a series of difficult cards in Jason's direction, I know there have been days when he has not felt the energy or the words to go to his knees before the Lord - but I have. At first I thought it was so strange that we would enter a season where we were in such different places spiritually (to keep it brief) - but now I wonder if it's another example of balance - of bearing one another's burdens. In prayer especially - going to our Lord on our spouse's behalf. I guess that's what being 'equally yoked' means.
And all in all, I'll shout from the rooftops (blogtops?) that I am delighted to be yoked with Jason.
You rock JNo :-)

2 comments:

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

Love it, Honey! Love it! :)

Jason said...

I'm so blessed to have you. :-x