Sunday, October 18, 2009

My heart is so happy!!!

Sigh and praise God! This morning in the high school Sunday school discussion group, I shared with the girls my theory on why the disciple John referred to himself as 'the beloved disciple' and 'the one Jesus loves'. Now I am not a Biblical scholar - but I do have access to the Holy Spirit who will reveal to us all things (quote from somewhere in the New Testament), and I shared with the group my thought: that John, who knew Jesus - who saw Jesus die on the cross, who saw Jesus appear in the room at Pentecost - really, really understood how much Jesus loved him, so much so that he couldn't even describe himself outside of that fact. His worth and his identity was so rooted in the love of the savior that when he refers to himself, he calls himself 'the one Jesus loves'.
So I just saw a status update on facebook from one of the girls in the group and it says: (her name), 'beloved follower of Jesus'.
How real is that? How praiseworthy is our God? Hooray! Thank you Jesus for letting me see how you've spoken to the heart of this young woman - whom you so dearly love :-)

No comments: