Friday, October 9, 2009

Gardening!

We have are ready for fall planting! I transferred the tomato plans to the garden (after driving out the red ants and sustaining only one bite). Then we began planting. We started with spinach. I'm not actually sure if the plants will arrive in the next few months or in the spring. I'm not sure about that part. I guess it's the experience that counts, right?Madalyn was happy to pick up the tiny seeds and then place them wherever she thought appropriate (despite my suggestions). She was also diligent in picking up little pinches of dirt to cover them with. But I think she really felt most involved in the watering process. As you can see, she herself was quite 'watered'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love fall foods! I cooked acorn squash and candied apples for Doug the other night. Everything was edible too! What a great season!
LA