Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Wedding

Oh, the wedding!!! It was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I feel pretty certain I got on people's nerves by constantly commenting on how beautiful everything was - the ceremony flowers, the reception, the bride!! Most of all the bride. LynnAnne's wedding day was everything I have dreamed it would be since I was a little girl ;-) And it was perfect.
The fall wedding she has always talked about having was perfectly candlelit and cream and orange and red and yellow and brown! And I wish I could remember what passage they selected that LynnAnne's dad then spoke on - it was so perfectly LynnAnne and Doug. God's faithfulness and their faithfulness to him was just all over the ceremony and what a witness they both are to Him! And so much family! Almost all of our MFI friends and family were there - it was a perfect reunion. I loved watching Tracy (who officiated our wedding) play with Andy's kiddos (seriously - it's like 4 little mini-Randy&Andy's running around) and dancing with my girls - it was so blessed.
Of course, I have practically no pictures from this memorable affair because I was so busy enjoying it!! I'm hoping some more mindful and intentional historians than I will share their stash with me :-)
And Madalyn hung in there until late into the night, playing with the Williams' kids, dancing with her 'aunts', and eating rolls. Carbo loaded, she slept until 8am. And we all woke up happy :-)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

LynnAnne looks beautiful and so do the Northrup girls!! Look at those gorgeous gowns.

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful, wasn't it? And it was made perfect by having my bestest friends in the world there. :-)
LA