Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One Week in Lubbock

Hands down the happiest I've ever been driving on 84 between Sweetwater and Post! I've always hated that drive, but I was ever so excited to be going 'home' and already feeling the cool fall weather. Madalyn and I drove to Abilene Monday night and stayed with the Sizemore family and then did the rest of the trip Tuesday morning. It worked out perfectly. She napped well in the car both trips and when she was awake enjoyed my dollar tree finds :-)I have to say that selfishly, I am delighted that April and Dustin relocated to Abilene when we moved to Temple. They are the perfect bed and breakfast :-)
Once in Lubbock, Madalyn and I had chikfila lunch with Amy-Rose and Noah. New development: Madalyn is no longer interested in eating at Chikfila but altogether consumed by the playarea. We then accompanied LynnAnne to get her make up done and run some wedding errands.
Yay!Wednesday morning was the 5th annual apple orchard trip for LynnAnne and I. Ever year is a little different. This year we wandered up and down the orchard wondering 'where are the apples?' (see photo). Late freeze = no apple picking. But we still had a good lunch, and Madalyn was quite impressed with everything on the menu. And also with the chairs. Madalyn loves a good variety of chairs available for climbing. This is part of why I have very few photos from my week.

The other bed and breakfast we enjoyed was the King home. Jason and I are seriously considering moving in with them until our house sells here if a job becomes available in Lubbock ;-) We have had this okayed with them... but I'm not sure they know how serious we are! Madalyn enjoyed her first capri sun with Natalie while we were there.

Then wedding festivities (see previous post).

And Saturday morning Jason and I said goodbye to our MFI people and then sort of 'trick or treated' unsuspecting Lubbock friends. We happened to drive up on the Crossons while they were walking through their neighborhood so we visited with them, and then we unashamedly asked Brian and Cayce to change out of their Saturday morning pjs so we could hang around there for a while. We also mooched lunch out of our Copenhaver relatives :-) It was fun!

Sunday morning we went to church at Raintree! I was a little surprised people remembered me - it feels like it's been so long! But we fit right back in. It was nice, sigh. So we comforted ourselves with ice cream at Jason's deli before the long drive home. And now we're back!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I am glad you are back!