Friday, September 25, 2009

Journal Entry

Recently I started keeping a prayer journal. I was reading back through it last night and thought others might consider this an interesting read - a glimpse at the God we serve... so I'll share it :-)

Holy God,
I surrender to your will and your ways this day.
God, I am under attack. I feel unsure about my role, my responsibilities, my competencies. Am I going to mess up...will I spend enough time...will the house ever be clean...will I ever get a chance... and what am I forgetting? I'm always forgetting something.
But you - You have sent the Prince of Peace. His reign in my heart means I choose but one thing. And you have sent My Comforter. His presence will fill me with calm.
And as the dilemma of all eternity falls softly into waiting - resolved - I rely on your Spirit to do the work for me. I rest in the yoke of your Son and watch your Kingship in my life result in an outpouring of love on all those around me...
.. for truly you have won, haven't you? Years of a people trying to fulfill an impossible law before a just God , waiting for you to send the one to release them from oppression - and lo and behold, send a savior you did. But not a savior for earthly politics. You gave them abundantly more than they could ask or imagine and sent a savior to rescue them from themselves.
From the oppression that begins within. From the oppression that separates from relationship with the Creator.
And you offered that salvation to me.

Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 4:6

8/19/09

No comments: