On Saturday night, the Lord welcomed Brisy home to heaven. Our God is a beautiful and powerful God - merciful and mighty is His name.
Our story since March 2008, when we learned that Brisy had cancer, has been seasoned with experiences of God's tender mercies. In so many moments he has been gentle with us, in so many ways he has refined me, and I can say confidently that I have felt His fatherly presence comfort me as I mourn.
As I read the passage about Lazarus this afternoon, wanting to see how Jesus suffered loss, I was struck by truth.
Jesus wept.
Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"
But some of them said, "Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man have kept this man from dying?"
Truly, God weeps with us when we weep. Yes, God loved Brisy!! And yes, some of us may wonder why God chose not to keep her from dying.
But as was so often the case, Jesus had already answered the question that was asked:
"This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's son may be glorified through it."
Our God made a way for us to be reconciled to Him, and Brisy accepted with enthusiasm the gift of His son and now she is reaping a great reward!! We rejoice with her!
Funeral Services will be held Saturday in Dallas, Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment