Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I gotta go help somebody!"


This evening we were at Barnes and Noble with the Northrup clan when I picked up this book to read to Madalyn. In it, the little blue truck gets stuck trying to help somebody, and all the barnyard animals come to help him. Madalyn was pretty emotionally invested through the course of the story, and when we got to the end she jumped up and said "I gotta go help somebody!" And she stuck to it. She didn't want to read another book, she wanted to go help somebody (she was actually so excited about this notion that it turned into a race through Barnes and Noble. Many helpful patrons pointed for me which direction the little one in the orange dress had gone).
It made me think about the way the news about what God has done for us should impact us. After reading the first chapter or two in the book of Isaiah, I had that kind of awe-inspiring sense about what God had done for me, and it was the kind of feeling that motivated. That made me want to jump up and help somebody :-)
May that feeling come often and strongly for us all! :-)

No comments: